Thanks to modern technology, cosmetic dental procedures now appear more natural, are more durable and easier to have than they have ever been. Cosmetic dentistry can be used to lighten, smooth and straighten teeth, providing a beautiful, youthful smile that can help you feel like a new you. Dr. John C. Cranham, a respected dentist of Chesapeake, VA, can beautify your smile with these cosmetic dental trends while also preserving more of the natural tooth structure which is better for your oral health.
Popular Cosmetic Dental Trends and Treatment Options
The most popular cosmetic trends are:
- Teeth Whitening: Professional teeth whitening treatments are the most popular and most commonly performed cosmetic procedure. Stained or discolored enamel that results from age along with normal eating and drinking habits can leave you with a less than appealing smile.
- Dental Implants: Missing teeth can lead to serious health issues along with making you self-conscious about your smile. Dental implants are prosthetic teeth that are surgically implanted to replace missing teeth from the roots up.
- Invisible Braces: Crooked teeth can cause excessive wear and tear on your teeth and increase your risk of tooth decay and gum disease. Invisible braces are clear plastic devices designed to gradually and gently reposition your teeth to eliminate crowding and gaps and improve your bite.
- Inlays/Onlays: Inlays and onlays are used to repair structural damage to teeth due to decay. They are fillings made of composite or porcelain that reinforce the damaged areas of the enamel.
- Porcelain Veneers: Porcelain veneers are composite or porcelain laminates that are fitted over top of damaged, chipped or crooked teeth and secured using a bonded adhesive. Veneers give a fresh, healthy appearance to a stained arch of teeth and teeth whitening has been unsuccessful for you, porcelain veneers are an alternative.
- Composite Bonding: Composite bonding is used to restore chipped, broken, decayed or discolored teeth. A composite material that looks and feels like enamel is applied to the surface of a tooth or cavity and then shaped to restore the appearance and structure of the tooth.
- Smile Makeover: Smile makeovers involve more than one cosmetic procedure combined to improve the overall appearance of one’s smile. The dentist may use procedures such as veneers, implants, sculpting or whitening in tandem depending on the condition of your teeth and mouth.
- Full Mouth Reconstruction: Full mouth reconstruction is when surgery is used to correct functional problems with your teeth, muscles, bone structure and bite that were causing unnatural wear and tear on your teeth.
Chesapeake Center for Complete Dentistry Services
Dr. Cranham’s office in Chesapeake, VA offers a full range of cosmetic treatment options to improve your smile’s appearance and oral health. Our services include:
- Dental Implants
- Teeth Whitening Treatments from Zoom! Whitening
- Porcelain Dental Veneers
- Invisible Braces from Invisalign
Schedule a Consultation
Whether you need to have a tooth replaced or repaired, or just want to improve the overall aesthetics of your smile, Dr. Cranham is here to help. We are prepared to help you with all of your dental needs and concerns in a caring and hygienic environment, taking the utmost care to maintain the safety of our clients during this challenging time. Contact our office at 757.656.4109 or schedule an appointment online to feel like a new you today!